TAYLOR James Cameron   (Squizzy)  (14 June 2009 Aged 55) copy of Service click here  U

James enlisted into 28 Fd Bty in April 1989 (Service no  2309216). James was cross trained and completed many courses which included: Guns Aug 1989, Signals in Oct 1989, Driver Apr 1990, Storeman Jul 1991, Assistant Driver Instructor Feb 1999,  Advanced Driver Instructor Feb 2002 and Operator Command Post Jul 2002.

In 1988 James participated in  Tasman Link, a combined battery with 23 Fd Regt, for a 2 week exercise in New Zealand. He also was a member of the first reserve rotation to Butterworth Malaysia in 2000. 

James discharged in Aug 2005.

 

TOPHAM Raoul Dymock (Ray) (26 June 2000 Aged 90)

Ray was commissioned on 8 August 1940 as a Lieutenant RAA (Militia) (Field) and transferred to the AIF RAA (FD) Reinforcements on 3 April 1941.

On 31 January 1942 in Singapore as a reinforcement he was allocated to 65 Field Battery, 2/15 Field Regiment AIF and became a Prisoner of War on 16 May 1942. He was discharged from the AIF on return to Australia on 5 December 1945 and posted to Reserve of Officers (RAA) 2 Military District on 7 December 1945.

On the re-raising of the CMF Ray joined 7 Field Regiment RAA on 1 May 1948, was a temporary Captain 27 June 1949 and a Captain (provisional) from 1 May 1950 to 8 April 1951.

He transferred as a Lieutenant to the Reserve of Officers (RAA)(2MD) on 9 April 1951.

TRUELOVE Peter John    (9 Aug 2012 Aged 68)          

 

Peter enlisted in 40 Signal Regiment, Royal Australian Corp of Signals in 1963.

 

He transferred to 9 LAA Regiment & was discharged as a Bombardier in 1969.

 

An accountant by profession, Peter served on the NSW State Executive of the Liberal Party rising to the position of Treasurer.

 

Peter was Treasurer of the Association from 1990 to 1993 and again in 2002/03.

.

 

TURNER Robert Lindsay  RFD ED  (14 February 1990)

Robert enlisted into the Army  Mar 1952   and  served in 21 Fd Regt, 131 Div Loc, 2 Div CSTU, HQ RAA 2 Div then back to 7 as 2IC.

Robert discharged on the 20 January 1976.